This privacy statement outlines the policies and practices for CCHGroup.com, Business.cch.com, HR.cch.com, Health.cch.com, CorporateCounsel.cch.com, BCTraining.cch.com, OnlineStore.cch.com, FedGov.cch.com, www.cch.com, support.cch.com, and cpelink.com.These websites may contain links to websites operated by third parties and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We urge you to review their privacy policies.
Due to the financial and professional nature of our business, our websites are not designed to interest children and we do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children. The links below explain our policies and your rights as a visitor to our websites.
Collection of information from site visitors
- We may collect and/or track
- home server domain names,
- e-mail addresses,
- information knowingly provided by visitors on online forms, registration forms, surveys, polls, our online stores, and contest entries (including demographic and personal profile data),
- aggregate and user-specific information about which pages visitors access.
Our commitment to security
- Keeping your information secure is very important to us. We employ electronic, physical and procedural safeguards and best practices to protect your information. For your convenience we have included below additional information about safeguards employed for ProSystem fx products. Due to the nature of the Internet we cannot fully guarantee that your information will never be unlawfully intercepted or accessed.
- We use "cookies" on our websites to personalize and enhance your website visits. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by our web server. Cookies are uniquely assigned to a computer, and your computer will only allow our web servers to access our cookies. The most important thing to understand about cookies is that they pose no danger to you. They cannot be used to collect secret information about you or your computer or to provide information about you to other companies.
- Cookies provide a convenience by saving you time on subsequent visits and personalizing your web experience. For example, when you return to our website, cookies enable us to remember information from prior visits such as items left in your shopping cart. Cookies may save data such as name, password, user-name, shopping cart data, screen preferences, pages viewed, and ads clicked. Credit card information is never saved in cookies.
- You have the right to delete cookies placed on your hard drive, which will erase the data automatically saved during your visit. However that will mean that our sites will not recognize you when you return. You may also modify your web browser to notify you before accepting cookies, or to decline all cookies. We strongly suggest that you accept cookies from us, since they help provide you a more seamless, personalized, and effective web browsing experience and keep our site compelling and informative.
Use of data collected
- Personal data collected may be used for editorial and feedback purposes, marketing and promotional purposes, statistical analysis of users' behavior, product development, content and layout improvement, and to inform advertisers and business partners as to how many visitors have seen or clicked on their advertisements. Information may also be made available to contractors as needed for maintenance of our systems / infrastructure.
- Aggregate data on visitors' home servers may be used for internal purposes or provided to third parties. Individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers and other personal information which visitors voluntarily provide may be added to our databases and used for future calls and mailings regarding site updates, new products and services, upcoming events and the status of orders placed online. We set default preference areas for our customers and website visitors based on transactional and profile information; you can change these preference settings at any time by visiting our preferences form. Please allow up to 48 hours for changes to take effect.
Using your credit card to buy products online
- OnlineStore.cch.com, CCHGroup.com, and cchwebinars.com does not retain, make public, sell, or distribute customers' credit card information, and it is never saved in your cookies. Our websites use encryption to safeguard credit card transactions. In the unlikely event that we are responsible for a loss through credit card fraud we will absorb the first $50 of the loss, which is the limit of an individual's personal liability.
Sharing of postal mailing lists with outside companies
- As professionals, many CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business and Wolters Kluwer Law & Business customers and website visitors want to be informed of the latest products and services available in their fields, therefore we may share customer postal mailing lists with outside companies whose products and services we believe may be of interest to you. These lists may contain names, street addresses, and telephone numbers. But we want to respect your wishes about such contacts.
- Please contact Customer Service to "opt out" of having your individual information (name and address and business telephone number) shared with other companies.
- If you believe your contact information was collected by the research & publishing division of CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business or Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, please call (800) 344-3734 or contact us via support.cch.com/contact/.
- If your information was collected while doing business with CCH ProSystem fx, please call 800-739-9998, and select option 1 then option 2, or contact us via support.cch.com/contact/. Contact lists are updated regularly, but it may take up to 90 days before your information is removed from a list. We do our best to exclude from contact lists people who choose to opt out. However, this is an automated process and we cannot guarantee that every variation on the name, spelling, and/or address will be identified and suppressed. The more information you provide, the more likely we will be to correctly exclude you from our mailing and calling lists.
Sharing of email addresses with outside companies
Special provisions for 3rd-party content
- We may from time to time send email messages to you about outside companies' products and services that we believe would be of interest to you. We will provide you the ability to opt out of future email messages from these outside companies and will provide you their privacy policies. CCH is not responsible for the privacy policies or opt-out practices of these outside companies.
Your right to opt out
- You may opt out of having your personal data used for secondary purposes, disclosed to third parties, or used to send promotional correspondence to you by contacting us via postal mail, e-mail or telephone at the contact addresses provided on each website. We do our best to exclude from contact lists those customers who choose to opt out. However, we cannot guarantee that every variation on the name, spelling, and/or address will be identified and suppressed. There may also be variants relating to the manner in which our businesses use customer information that cannot be reliably suppressed. To opt out of receiving marketing contacts via postal mail or telephone, contact customer service at support.cch.com/contact/ or phone (800) 344-3734 (CCH); for ProSystem, phone 800-739-9998, and select option 1 then option 2 or contact us at support.cch.com/contact/.To manage your email preferences including opt-outs, please visit our preferences form at support.cch.com/ or contact CCH customer service at support.cch.com/contact. Please allow up to 48 hours for changes to take effect.
Our right to contact users