Each year it is estimated that over 20 million taxpayers have a tax issue or problem with the IRS. Working with the IRS can be complicated and frustrating – even for the most knowledgeable tax professional. The rules in resolving tax problems change often and can seem unclear to understand, leaving tax professionals and taxpayers with no line-of-sight to resolving their tax problems. The Tax Problems and Solutions Handbook provides the most current practical know-how to convey that line-of-sight.
Features of Tax Problems and Solutions Handbook
The Handbook will provide direction on how to resolve the most common and even complex IRS problems for individuals, including:
- Contacting the IRS to obtain tax information and history related to a problem.
- Respond to underreporter notices or audit inquiries.
- Evaluate and obtain a collection alternative, such as a payment plan or an extension to pay.
- Research source documents and prepare, file, and process a late, past-due tax return.
This edition of the Handbook provides the most up-to-date solutions for questions, concerns, inquiries and other problems taxpayers may face. With cited references from the Internal Revenue Manual (IRM), this edition will help you find the solutions essential to resolving most tax problems efficiently and effectively.
Benefits of Tax Problems and Solutions Handbook
The Tax Problems and Solution Handbook is based on the author’s practical experience in resolving thousands of tax problem cases with the IRS. From this experience, one truth is clear: the IRS is not an easy government agency to navigate. This Handbook will provide the steps and tips to most efficiently resolve the problem, as well as set the expectations of the resolution time based on the solution(s).
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 IRS Practice: Working with the IRS After Filing
- Chapter 2 IRS Audits and Underreporter Notices
- Chapter 3 IRS Collection
- Chapter 4 IRS Penalties and Penalty Relief
- Chapter 5 IRS Unfiled and Past-Due Returns
- Chapter 6 Spousal Issues
Order Tax Problems and Solutions Handbook Today
The Tax Problems and Solutions Handbook covers a range of taxpayer problems encountered in 50 state jurisdictions and the District of Columbia. It is the ideal guide to common tax problems faced by individuals and the possible solutions practitioners can implement on their clients’ behalf.