2023 Tax Updates for Individuals (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Instructor: Barbara Weltman
||8:00am Pacific Time
9:00am Mountain Time
10:00am Central Time
11:00am Eastern Time
||1 hour for CPAs
1 hour Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
1 hour Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
New tax laws—the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2023 (which contained SECURE Act 2.0), the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, other legislation—plus new cases, IRS guidance, and inflation-driven cost-of-living increases in numerous tax rules present planning opportunities for your clients. Your guidance is needed to help clients navigate the new tax landscape now.
This one-hour CPE session presented by experienced practitioner and instructor Barbara Weltman, J.D. will provide an update on critical year-end tax steps for your individual clients.
- What's new for 2023 returns
- Special actions in light of new rules related to green energy and retirement savings
- Tax rules effective in 2024 that may require action now
- Last-minute tax actions
- Identify the latest developments in federal taxation for individual taxpayers
- Recognize and apply recent developments to year-end tax planning
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (1 hour)
A basic understanding of tax preparation.