2018 Accounting & Auditing End of the Year Tune-Up (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Instructor: Pat Patterson
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
Review new FASB Pronouncements for 2016 up to the date of the course. This presentation will inform participants of the latest issues from the FASB and the Private Companies Council as well.
New and revised audit standards and pronouncements will be discussed. The impact of the Auditing Clarity Project and the revised auditing standards will be examined for current application. Any newly released auditing standards will be visited.
Who Should Attend
Professionals in public practice, industry, government, and education who deal with nonpublic entities and wish to stay current on professional standards.
- New releases from the FASB
- New releases from the Private Companies Council (PCC)
- An advanced look at documentation standards will be reviewed for changes required by new FASB and PCC standards
- Further updates that impact on the accounting and auditing professional standards including new Quality Control Standards and their requirements
- Ethics Interpretation 101-3 will be explored for revisions and updates in attest/nonattest applications as released or considered by the Professional Ethics Executive Committee
- Any other matters deemed appropriate and timely
- Recognize the FASB pronouncements that may impact private companies that come from the FASB and the Private Companies Council
- Describe other new GAAP releases that may affect the non issuing entities
- Identify the new Accounting Standards Codifications issued as updates for 2018
- Recognize new auditing standards recently issued and to review some of the Clarified Auditing Standards that are substantive for 2018
NASBA Field of Study
Accounting (1 hour), Auditing (1 hour)
Basic understanding of GAAP and Auditing Standards.