Corporate Restructuring (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Instructor: Tom Coghlan
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
On a regular basis the financial press reports a variety of corporate restructurings, including mergers, acquisitions, divestments, and hostile takeovers. All too often, these efforts do not achieve the results that were intended, often because the high-level goal of “making the deal” became disengaged from the financial and operational reality.
In this webinar we will review the differences between corporate and operational restructuring, types of business combinations, going private, hostile takeovers, defenses against hostile takeovers, and corporate divestments. We will also review actual restructuring cases that were not successful and discuss potential reasons.
Who Should Attend
Financial officers, controllers and chief financial officers; financial, managerial and cost accountants; financial and business analysts; budget managers and analysts; risk managers; chief information officers and information technology professionals.
- Difference between corporate and operational restructuring
- Business combinations, including mergers and acquisitions
- Going private using debt
- Hostile takeover tactics
- Defenses against hostile takeovers
- Corporate divestments
- Recognize and apply mergers, acquisitions, and leveraged buyouts
- Identify takeovers and defenses against takeovers
- Identify and describe divestiture concepts: spin-offs, split-ups, equity carve-outs, and tracking stock
NASBA Field of Study
Business Management & Organization (2 hours)