Cutting Edge Tax Strategies for Real Estate: Part 1 (Half-Day Webinar) (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, September 27, 2022
Instructor: Greg White
||8:00am Pacific Time
9:00am Mountain Time
10:00am Central Time
11:00am Eastern Time
||4 hours for CPAs
4 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
4 hours Federal Tax Law for CTEC
In this half-day CPE webinar, you'll get a deep-dive into all the important topics crucial to advising clients about the latest developments in taxation of real estate investments and development. Experienced practitioner and instructor Greg White, CPA will discuss like-kind exchanges, bonus depreciation and §179 as revised by TCJA and the CARES Acts, the 20% qualifying business income deduction (QBID) and its application to real estate, maximizing tax benefits when buying or selling real estate, and getting the benefits of a cost segregation study without the expense.
Don't miss this chance to get an in-depth look at the changes in real estate taxation so you can advise real estate investors and developers with confidence. Click here to register for Cutting Edge Tax Strategies for Real Estate: Part 2 (Half-Day Webinar).
Who Should Attend
All CPAs, EAs, and other tax professionals as well as tax staff who work with real estate transactions and related tax issues.
- Writing off removal costs when real estate is improved
- Maximizing the new 20% qualified business income deduction for real estate rental property
- Allocating purchase price in the most advantageous manner and reducing the likelihood of disagreement with the IRS
- The new bonus depreciation rules for real property (updated for TCJA)
- The revised §179 expense rules for real property (updated for TCJA)
- Taking partial disposition losses when real estate is improved
- Reducing the effects of the net investment income tax on real estate
- Minimizing the effects of the passive loss rules
- Getting maximum benefit from personal property and land improvements
- Using the qualifying business income deduction for real estate developers, contractors and subcontractors
- Identify the best depreciation method for real estate improvements, including Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and CARES Act changes
- Recognize the best way to maximize the §199A deduction in the real estate rental area
- Identify and apply the new rules for de minimis expensing updated for changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Recognize and apply changes made to interest deductibility area. Should some real estate owners "elect out" even though their gross receipts are significantly below $26 million?
- Identify cutting-edge tax strategies for real estate professionals
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (4 hours)
Basic understanding of federal income taxation of real estate transactions.