Employee Fraud: The Misappropriation of Assets (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Instructor: Robert K Minniti
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
This two hour course explores many of the way’s employees can commit fraud, especially the types of fraud that use documents to skirt internal controls. We will consider embezzlement schemes, theft schemes (Cash, inventory, data, and fixed assets), and will examine how employees conceal these frauds. We will review the red flags for employee fraud. Real world examples will be provided for the participants to see how this is occurring in the business world.
This course is designed for individuals who would like refresh their understanding of employee fraud schemes and to learn how to recognize the red flags for detecting employee fraud. Understanding how employees commit fraud is the first step in preventing fraud.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, CFEs, CFFs, CIAs, CMAs, MAFFs, CGMAs, internal auditors, external auditors, managers, business owners and others in the accounting field.
- Way's employees can commit fraud, especially the types of fraud that use documents to skirt internal controls
- Embezzlement schemes, theft schemes (Cash, inventory, data, and fixed assets)
- How employees conceal these frauds
- Review the red flags for employee fraud
- Real world examples
- Identify red flags for employee fraud
- Identify employee fraud schemes
NASBA Field of Study
Accounting (2 hours)