Enhancing Audit Quality
Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Instructor: Salvatore Collemi
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
The CPA profession is highly regarded for its commitment to excellence and maintaining the public trust. As auditors, we work in an ever changing and complex business environment and we continue to strive to meet our commitments and to provide quality service to our audit clients. The key objective of this session is to discuss the current state of audit quality and focus on what CPA firm leaders, quality control professionals and others can do to strengthen both private and public company audits.
You will receive personal instruction, advice and best practices from one of the top experts in the field. The session will facilitate discussion and provide practical advice.
Who Should Attend
CPA firm practice leaders and quality control professionals looking for advice and best practices on how to improve the quality of their audit services practice.
- What is Audit Quality?
- Explore Root Causes
- Quality Control Elements Challenges
- Strategies to Increase Audit Quality
- Common Peer Review Findings
- Preparing for Busy Season & your upcoming Peer Review
- Recognize realistic solutions regarding the challenges of maintaining a high-level of audit quality with limited resources
- Identify how to address systemic deficiencies noted in many A&A practices while at the same time balancing the needs of the public interest, regulators and standard-setters
- Identify how to comply with applicable U.S. and international accounting and auditing standards, quality control standards, corporate governance and risk management practices along with independence and professional ethics
- Recognize clients' businesses and the environments in which they operate
NASBA Field of Study
Auditing (2 hours)
Experience in either leading a CPA firm's accounting and auditing practice or a CPA in a quality control / national office role.