2021 Estate & Financial Planning Quarterly Update (Summer) (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Instructor: Klaralee R. Charlton
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
After a whirlwind year of legislation passed at breakneck speed, practitioners must stay informed of constant changes in areas of estate and financial planning as the IRS issues notices and releases regulations. This quarterly presentation will review the most recent legislative, regulatory, and case law authority and how you can advise individual taxpayers to ensure ongoing compliance and maximization of tax benefits.
Who Should Attend
Attorneys, CPAs, and Enrolled Agents.
- Passage of new legislation affecting client's estate and financial planning goals
- Issuance of proposed and final regulations related to estate and fiduciary income tax
- Revenue procedures and rulings issued by the IRS in response to recent legislation
- Key case law affecting client's estate and financial planning goals
- Summarize legislative provisions affecting client's estate and financial planning goals
- Describe any proposed or finalized regulations and the pros and cons affecting taxpayers
- Recognize and analyze the potential tax impacts related to revenue rules and case law decisions affecting estate tax and fiduciary income tax
- Identify how to recommend estate and financial planning ideas for clients looking to reduce tax liability while achieving estate planning goals
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of estate & financial planning.