Federal Tax Update for Individuals after TCJA (Full-Day Webinar) (Completed)
Date: Monday, January 14, 2019
Instructor: Greg White
||7:00am Pacific Time
8:00am Mountain Time
9:00am Central Time
10:00am Eastern Time
||8 hours for CPAs
8 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
8 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
Are You Ready for Tax Season and Massive Changes Affecting Your Clients?
More than ever, this year promises to be one with lots of questions from your clients. How much has changed after the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA)? What questions are not answered yet by the IRS? Are you ready for filing 2018 returns under the new law?
CCH will guide you through the maze with this eight-hour CPE webinar taught by experienced instructor and practitioner Greg White, CPA. This course will cover latest developments in individual taxation from the TCJA as well as other developments that will affect 2018 individual income tax returns. This fast-paced program will highlight legal and regulatory developments as well as prepare you for the impending tax season that promises to be hectic and stressful as your clients deal with changes they may not have been aware of.
This course is excluded from the following subscription programs:
Value Pass, Self-Study Package, Webinar Package, Self-Study & Webinar Package, and Firm Package.
Who Should Attend
EAs, CPAs in public practice, and all tax professionals who work with individual income tax issues and filing personal income tax returns.
- What strategies are available to maximize itemized deductions? Employee expenses, charitable deductions, state and local taxes
- Is a cattle ranch that lost money 16 years in a row a "hobby"?
- There's a new "due diligence" requirement for tax return preparers that takes effect in 2018- Do you know what it is? Do you need to update your checklists?
- New "postcard return"- Review the new forms that will be used for 2018 individual tax returns
- What happens when a Grandmother develops her own personal "tax shelter"? We'll go over this case.
- What questions remained unanswered by the IRS? Will those answers come anytime soon?
- Identify the latest developments in individual taxation for 2018 returns
- Recognize the TCJA impact on individual returns
- Identify important developments in case law and administrative guidance
- Identify what can you do to maximize the tax benefits your clients receive from their charitable contributions
- Recognize how to prepare accurate 2018 individual tax returns
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (8 hours)
Basic understanding of federal income taxation concepts.