2019 Federal Tax Update for Individuals: Including Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Update (Full-Day Webinar) (Completed)
Date: Monday, January 20, 2020
Instructor: Greg White
||7:00am Pacific Time
8:00am Mountain Time
9:00am Central Time
10:00am Eastern Time
||8 hours for CPAs
8 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
8 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
More than ever, this year promises to be one with lots of questions from your clients. How much has changed after the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA)? What questions are not answered yet by the IRS?
CCH will guide you through the maze with this eight-hour CPE webinar taught by Greg White, CPA. This course will cover latest developments in individual taxation. This fast-paced program will highlight legal and regulatory developments as well as give you a head start on those 2018 returns that will include the changes from TCJA.
Partial credit will not be awarded for attendees that are not present for the entirety of the webinar.
This course is excluded from the following subscription programs:
Value Pass, Self-Study Package, Webinar Package, Self-Study & Webinar Package, and Firm Package.
New legislationWhat's Congress up to?New director's fees Tax Court caseAre director's fees subject to SE tax?Can an "inside director" (i.e., someone who's also an employee of the company) set up their own pension plans for director's fees?Related topic: Does this income qualify for the QBID?New requirement to disclose partner's negative capital accounts on Form 1065If you missed disclosure, how long do you have to amend returns under the IRS's new "safe harbor"?§163(j) limitationsHow do you fill out Form K-1 if the business entity is subject to the new restrictions?IRS is stepping up enforcement for employers who don't deposit withheld payroll taxesWhy is the IRS doing this?How do you keep your clients out of harm's way?What tax issues does the IRS plan to address in the next year?
- Section 199A (QBID) applied rental real estate
- When does a triple net lease qualify for the deduction?
- What happens if your clients don't meet the new safe harbor?
- Identify the important developments in individual taxation for 2019 that affect your clients
- Recognize and apply the new Section 199A final regulations to rental real estate, including the new real estate rental safe harbor
- Identify and apply important late-breaking final regulations and their effect on your clients
- Describe strategies to maximize the tax benefits your clients receive from their charitable contributions
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (8 hours)
Basic understanding of federal income taxation concepts.