2020 Individual Federal Tax Update (Full-Day Webinar) (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Instructor: Greg White
||7:00am Pacific Time
8:00am Mountain Time
9:00am Central Time
10:00am Eastern Time
||8 hours for CPAs
8 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
8 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
More than ever, this year promises to be one with lots of questions from your clients. How will the CARES Act, PPP program, and the latest cases and administrative guidance affect the upcoming tax preparation season?
You’ll be guided through the maze with this eight-hour CPE course taught by Greg White. This course will get you up to speed on the latest developments related to individuals for 2020. This fast-paced program will highlight legal and regulatory developments as well as give you a head start on those 2020 returns.
Partial credit will not be awarded for attendees that are not present for the entirety of the webinar.
This course is excluded from the following subscription programs:
Value Pass, Self-Study Package, Webinar Package, Self-Study & Webinar Package, and Firm Package.
- CARES Act impact — Including changes to net operating losses, charitable contributions, and IRA distributions
- Reporting debt forgiveness under the PPP program. Is it taxable? Are the expenses related to forgiveness deductible? What does the IRS have to say on this topic?
- Is the IRS getting into the tax preparation business?
- Have the IRS audit rates increased or decreased?
- New IRS forms — Including Form 1099-MISC and draft Form 1040 — what's new
- Forgiveness under the PPP program
- Lastly, we'll keep you "up to the minute" on late-breaking tax developments
- Identify the latest developments in individual taxation for 2020
- Recognize how to compute disallowed expenses related to PPP loan forgiveness
- Identify how to compute the taxable portion of IRA distributions and the taxable year to report under the CARES Act
- Recognize new forms issued by the IRS
- Identity tax-savings opportunities for your clients
- Identify changes in IRS audit rates for individuals
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (8 hours)
Basic understanding of federal income taxation concepts.