Income Taxation of Trusts and Estates (Full-Day Webinar) (Completed)
Date: Friday, July 19, 2019
Instructor: Steven G. Siegel
||7:00am Pacific Time
8:00am Mountain Time
9:00am Central Time
10:00am Eastern Time
||8 hours for CPAs
8 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
8 hours Federal Tax Law for CTEC
8 hours Income Tax Planning for CFP
Master the Complexities of Federal Income Taxation of Trusts and Estates
As more clients are using trusts for estate planning and wealth management purposes, it is essential that practitioners develop practical knowledge regarding income taxation of trusts and estates. This insightful CPE webinar provides a concise and useful review of key issues and considerations that arise in connection with the income taxation of trusts and estates.
Presented by noted tax and estate planner, author and educator, Steven G. Siegel, J.D., LL.M., this program offers an exploration of fiduciary income taxation including, the related compliance and planning issues and concerns. Siegel, an outstanding speaker and presenter, will provide real-world explanations and helpful tips on this important topic, so you can advise your clients with confidence.
All accountants, attorneys and financial planners who advise clients on estate and trust planning and administration and other tax and or wealth management matters will benefit from this practice-oriented webinar.
Partial credit will not be awarded for attendees that are not present for the entirety of the webinar.
This course is excluded from the following subscription programs:
Value Pass, Self-Study Package, Webinar Package, Self-Study & Webinar Package, and Firm Package.
Who Should Attend
This course is essential for CPAs, CFPs, enrolled agents, estate planners, tax attorneys, and other professionals who advise clients on tax, retirement and estate planning, and other wealth management matters.
- Increasing Incidence of Form 1041 Audits
- Basic Concepts and Issues
- How estates and trusts are taxed
- Tax years
- Return filing requirements
- Estimated Payments
- Simple, complex, grantor and qualified revocable trusts
- Trust accounting income, distributable net income, taxable income
- New IRS definitions of trust income
- Income reportable by fiduciaries and deductions available to fiduciaries
- Controversy over the 2% floor on miscellaneous itemized deductions
- Tax calculations, credits and payments
- Distributions and distributions in the year of termination
- Alternative Minimum Tax on trusts and estates
- Obtain a comprehensive basic understanding of how estate and trust income is taxed
- Determine how estate and trust income is defined, calculated and reported
- Gain awareness of key compliance and planning issues as well as concerns related to fiduciary income taxation
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (8 hours)