IRS Practice Series: After SUCCESSFUL Collections or Audits (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Instructor: Eva Rosenberg
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Law for CTEC
This course will provide information about the steps to take after you have successfully resolved a collections, offer in compromise or audit issue for your client. This is a must attend course for tax practitioners who want to prevent the erosion of their client base, as their clients turn to free and cheap tax preparation services online; and protect their clients from IRS' predatory collections action, develop the skills to prevent and/or resolve IRS collections actions, and grow their business into this rapidly expanding market.
Who Should Attend
Any proactive, current or prospective, Circular 230 practitioner who understands that the IRS is ramping up the "close the tax gap".
- Amending prior returns affected by the settlement
- Adjustment of tax attributes, closing letters — how to read them, and ensuring you get them, and the importance of ensuring you get them
- Preparing current year returns based on audit results
- Amending state tax returns to conform to IRS results
- Getting liens released
- Identify and apply a list of steps to take after an audit has been successfully resolved, and after a collections battle has been won
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic experience with tax preparation.