IRAs and Roth IRAs: Cradle to Grave - How to Sock It Away and Make It Count (Full-Day Webinar) (Completed)
Date: Thursday, May 16, 2019
Instructor: Bradley Burnett
||7:00am Pacific Time
8:00am Mountain Time
9:00am Central Time
10:00am Eastern Time
||8 hours for CPAs
8 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
8 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
8 hours Income Tax Planning for CFP
What Does Tax Reform Mean for Retirement Planning with IRAs of all Stripes?
This eight-hour CPE webinar led by experienced instructor and practitioner Bradley Burnett, J.D., LLM. is for anyone desiring to brush up on and deepen their knowledge of IRAs and Roth IRAs. Tightening down the hatches and intelligently using tax breaks to help leverage one's future is critical to being able to retire and retire well. This course locks down on building a future to count on via a thorough exploration of all tax and asset protection aspects, individual retirement accounts and related arrangements
What About Self-Directed IRAs?
Additionally, the webinar will dedicate a portion of the day to self-directed IRAs. Self-directed IRAs and other retirement arrangements are becoming more and more the rage and for good reason. Fortunes are to be made and kept. Or lost. Examples of how to be or not to be (answering Shakespeare’s question) are piling up. Are self-directed IRAs worth the risk? Oh yes, if approached properly. But, how to not detonate the explosives?
This course is excluded from the following subscription programs:
Value Pass, Self-Study Package, Webinar Package, Self-Study & Webinar Package, and Firm Package.
Who Should Attend
All CPAs, EAs, tax professionals, financial planners, and those who are charged with development retirement plans for clients.
- IRAs and Roth IRAs set up, operation, contributions, withdrawals and estate planning
- Deductible, nondeductible, spousal, conduit, traditional and Roth IRAs
- Qualification requirements, investment restrictions and prohibited transactions
- Income tax reporting and disclosure rules and income tax withholding requirements
- Early distribution penalties and how to avoid them
- Conversion from traditional to Roth IRA, recharacterization and reconversion
- Self directed IRAs dos, don'ts, upside and treachery
- Forced distributions at retirement and after death
- Estate planning: avoiding IRD problems, funding marital bequests, special Roth features, charitable giving and estate liquidity planning
- Self Directed IRAs opportunities and steering clear of trouble
- Fabulous college planning/wealth building in children via IRAs and stretch IRAs
- Identify IRA and individual retirement plan income and estate tax planning maneuvers
- Differentiate and investigate asset protection features of retirement savings vehicles
- Recognize and apply foundation requirements, operational boundaries, opportunities and pitfalls of IRAs, Roth IRAs, SIMPLE plans, and SEP plans from the individual retirement perspective
- Explain how self-directed IRAs can be used in retirement planning
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (8 hours)
Basic understanding of federal income taxation concepts and tax-advantaged retirement savings plans.