Monthly Tax Update (November) (Completed)
Date: Monday, November 11, 2019
Instructor: Annette Nellen
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
These monthly update webinars provide an opportunity to stay on top of developments that directly and indirectly affect your clients and practice. The focus is on key guidance from legislation, tax agencies and the courts that represent new interpretations, as well as guidance on new laws.
Join expert, Annette Nellen, as she emphasizes the updates most relevant to individuals and small businesses. In addition, this course will cover federal developments, key state, and multistate issues likely to have a broad impact. We encourage you to register once a quarter to stay on top of the constant change in tax guidance, build a stronger foundation for tax planning, and identify possible practice development areas.
Who Should Attend
Practitioners at all levels looking for a way to efficiently stay on top of key federal and state developments of most relevance to individuals and small businesses.
- Expired and expiring provisions
- What's new for the 2019 Form 1040 and Schedule K-1s
- Recent Tax Cuts and Jobs Act guidance on accounting methods for accrual basis taxpayers
- Judicial decisions on casualty losses, AOTC, hobby vs business, and penalties
- More form the IRS on virtual currency
- Details of a new data security question for PTIN renewal and application
- Legislative proposals and technical corrections update
- And more
- Identify key developments from legislatures, tax agencies and the courts
- Recognize law changes that may affect your clients and your practice
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of tax preparation.