Passive Activities Rules: State of the Art Tax Strategies in Passive Losses (Full-Day Webinar)
Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Instructor: Greg White
||7:00am Pacific Time
8:00am Mountain Time
9:00am Central Time
10:00am Eastern Time
||8 hours for CPAs
8 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
8 hours Federal Tax Law for CTEC
Identify real life strategies to reduce your clients’ tax liabilities through passive activity planning techniques. Determine the best ways to cut through complex rules and effectively apply the passive loss rules and net investment income tax rules.
This course is excluded from the following subscription programs:
Value Pass, Self-Study Package, Webinar Package, Self-Study & Webinar Package, and Firm Package.
Who Should Attend
CPAs with clients that have investments in business activities and rental properties.
- Utilize all of the Material Participation Tests to Utilize Losses
- Document Participation in an Activity
- Group Passive Activities to Accelerate Losses
- Reduce the Effects of the Net Investment Income Tax
- Minimize the Effects of the Passive Loss Rules
- Meet the Real Estate Professional Standard in Order to Deduct Rental Losses
- Identify cutting-edge strategies to accelerate losses in passive activities
- Determine the best ways to cut through complex rules and effectively apply the passive loss rules and net investment income tax rules
- Recognize and apply the "grouping" rules to reduce clients' tax liabilities
- Identify appropriate circumstances for making the real estate professional "aggregation" election and when you shouldn't make the election!
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (8 hours)