2020 Payroll Legislative Update (Completed)
Date: Thursday, July 16, 2020
Instructor: Miles Hutchinson
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
Learn the latest updates on Form W-2 and Form W-2 wage and withholding reporting.
Every year the government changes various employment, benefit and reporting compliance rules. As we are working to understand and comply with the Affordable Care Act, we hear rumblings of potential repeal/replacement. Is it any wonder that businesses are struggling to comply with this burdensome body of law and regulation? You can help. You can keep abreast of the changes and liaison to keep your company in compliance with utmost efficiency.
This webinar will prepare your staff for this filing year, improve your employee reporting set-up and maintenance practices, and reduce your risk of complaints from the IRS. Experienced CGMA and businessman Miles Hutchinson will review the current law and regulations regarding the filing of Forms W-2 and W-4 and will provide practical guidance in these areas that have become the subject of increasing IRS scrutiny.
Who Should Attend
Payroll Managers, Payroll clerks, HR Managers, Information Reporting Officers, Tax Managers, Compliance Officers & Managers, CFOs, Controllers, Accounting Managers, and Auditors.
- Review legal and regulatory changes for the 2018 reporting year
- Benefits/credits about to expire
- Retirement funding — new thresholds
- Updated forms and instructions
- Reporting the cost of employer sponsored health coverage — which employers are affected, when employers must begin reporting, what to report, valuation methods, etc.
- How to handle expense reimbursements made to employees - reportable/taxable?
- How to efficiently execute an electronic W-4 program
- How the Online Withholding Calculator can benefit you and your employees
- Verifying employee social security numbers online
- Electronic filing with the SSA using Business Services Online (BSO) — the requirements and benefits
- Where to turn when you want to transmit employee copies of W-2's electronically
- What your company can do to minimize resource consumption when complying with this regulatory reporting requirement
- Identify the latest updates on Form W-2 and Form W-2 wage and withholding reporting
- Recognize how to prepare your staff for this filing year, improve your employee reporting set-up and maintenance practices, and reduce your risk of complaints from the IRS
- Differentiate the current law and regulations regarding the filing of Forms W-2 and W-4 and will provide practical guidance in these areas that have become the subject of increasing IRS scrutiny
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)