Quarterly Tax Update: Fall 2018 (Completed)
Date: Thursday, October 18, 2018
Instructor: Annette Nellen
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
These quarterly update presentations provide an opportunity to stay on top of developments that directly and indirectly affect your clients and your practice. The focus is on key guidance from legislatures, tax agencies and the courts that represent new interpretations, as well as guidance on new laws.
The updates will emphasis those most relevant to individuals and small businesses. In addition to federal developments, key state and multistate issues likely to have a broad impact will be covered. This series will help you stay on top of the constant change in tax guidance, build a stronger foundation for tax planning, and identify possible practice development areas.
Who Should Attend
Practitioners at all levels who are looking for a way to efficiently stay on top of key federal and state developments of most relevance to individuals and small businesses.
- Recent rulings on income, deductions and property transactions affecting individuals and businesses
- Developments affecting international transactions
- Updates and challenges in the IRS program to regulate paid return preparers
- New and revised IRS examination and collection activities
- Key proposals and reports of President Trump, congressional tax committees, GAO, Treasury Inspector General, and others
- State tax rulings affecting companies with customers in multiple states and mobile employees
- Identify key developments from legislatures, tax agencies and the courts
- Recognize law changes that may affect your clients and your practice
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
A basic understanding of tax preparation.