Quarterly Tax Update: Summer 2018 (Completed)
Date: Thursday, July 19, 2018
Instructor: Annette Nellen
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
These quarterly update presentations provide an opportunity to stay on top of developments that directly and indirectly affect your clients and your practice. The focus is on key guidance from legislatures, tax agencies and the courts that represent new interpretations, as well as guidance on new laws.
The updates will emphasis those most relevant to individuals and small businesses. In addition to federal developments, key state and multistate issues likely to have a broad impact will be covered. This series will help you stay on top of the constant change in tax guidance, build a stronger foundation for tax planning, and identify possible practice development areas.
Who Should Attend
Practitioners at all levels who are looking for a way to efficiently stay on top of key federal and state developments of most relevance to individuals and small businesses.
- Guidance under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (Public Law 115-97; 12/22/17)
- Planning and issues presented by federal and state tax reform
- Recent rulings on income, deductions and losses
- Practice and procedure updates
- Due diligence lessons from recent rulings
- State response to the Wayfair decision and relevance to businesses and their customers
- New technologies, ways of doing business, and investing and the relevant tax guidance, issues, and planning
- And more
- Recognize key developments from legislatures, tax agencies and the courts
- Describe law changes that may affect your clients and your practice
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
A basic understanding of tax preparation.