S Corporation Taxation: State of the Art Tax Strategies (Full-Day Webinar) (Completed)
Date: Friday, November 9, 2018
Instructor: Greg White
||7:00am Pacific Time
8:00am Mountain Time
9:00am Central Time
10:00am Eastern Time
||8 hours for CPAs
8 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
8 hours Federal Tax Law for CTEC
Best Practices and Expert Tips for S Corps after the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
This must-attend deep-dive program with expert instructor Greg White, CPA, will cover the most important topics to bring to your S corp clients while having some fun in this stressful and hectic year of tax reform. Section 199A has received much attention for owners of passthrough entities such as S corps and LLCs, but tax retorm and other changes make the 2018 returns a new world for tax practitioners.
In this full-day (8 CPE hours) webinar you will learn how courts determine what "reasonable compensation" means in the S corporation area--always a potential area of controversy. Mr. White will also show you how to save taxes when purchasing stock in an S corporation.
Best Practices for 2018 Returns and Beyond
By sheer number, S corps are still the entity of choice for many businesses. Therefore, tax practitioners must be aware of the planning and potential traps associated with S corp taxation. And, in the first year of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, now is the time to make sure you're ready to give your S corp clients the best possible advice and tax guidance for 2018 returns and beyond. Mr. White will review real-world strategies that will assist your clients in reducing their tax liabilities, while accomplishing their economic goals, as well as discuss cutting-edge tax strategies.
This course is excluded from the following subscription programs:
Value Pass, Unlimited Self-Study, Unlimited Webinars, Self-Study & Webinars Package, and Firm Package.
Who Should Attend
All CPAs, EAs, and other tax professionals as well as tax staff who advice S corps and their owners on tax issues as well as those involved with 1120S preparation.
- S corp current developments: Tax planning impact
- Compensation planning
- Basis in S corp stock
- Use of qualified subchapter S subsidiaries
- Liquidations, reorganizations and redemptions
- Estate planning and use of trusts
- Determine how to apply rules related to acquisitions and liquidations of S corps
- Expalin when and how to use trusts as S corp shareholders
- Determine circumstances where S corporations can increase or reduce the 20% QBID ("passthrough deduction")
- Describe the complex rules of basis and distributions
- Identify planning issues related to the use of redemptions in S corps
- Describe the impact of Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 on 2018 returns
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (8 hours)
Basic understanding of federal income taxation of passthrough entities