Sec. 199A Cutting Edge Tax Strategies for Specified Service Trades or Businesses (SSTBs) (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Instructor: Greg White
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Law for CTEC
Sec. 199A Cutting Edge Tax Strategies for Doctors, Lawyers, and other Specified Service Trades or Businesses
We’ll take a comprehensive, deep dive into specified service trades or businesses (“SSTBs”). Join expert, Greg White, CPA, as he takes an in depth look into the best tax strategies for 2018 tax year returns.
Who Should Attend
New and experienced CPA’s who practice in the tax area or who need a better understanding of the tax law for other areas of practice.
Tax planning for SSTB clientsHow to treat businesses that have some SSTB income and some non-SSTB incomeExamples include pharmacies, landscape companies, etc.How do "self-rentals" to a commonly controlled SSTB work?What happens when an owner of the real estate doesn't own an interest in the SSTB?For 2018 tax year returns, should you apply the proposed regulations or the final regulations? Which provides a better solution for your SSTB client
- The most important rule in the area of SSTBs
- Detailed definitions — what's included in each of the SSTB categories
- And just as importantly — what's excluded from SSTB categorization?
- Identify different types of SSTBs
- Identify tax planning strategies for taxpayers with SSTB income
- Recognize and apply the "self-rental rule" in the case of rentals to SSTBs
- Recognize and apply strategies to increase the §199A deduction for businesses that have SSTB income and non-SSTB income
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of SSTBs.