Small Business Issues in Today's Market (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Instructor: David Osburn
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
This webinar will provide the CPA with the tools to more effectively work with their “small business” clients in today’s market.
Various “small business” concepts will be covered including current trends, legal issues, obtaining credit from bank and non-bank sources, risk factors to consider, and how to effectively “target” market to the client. The legal issues will include business structure and other “business law” issues (while avoiding giving legal advice) and the credit area will cover SBA financing, “conventional” commercial lending issues, and other financing sources. The risk factors will highlight “management” and “economic” risks while the marketing section will illustrate how the CPA can improve their ability to “target” market their services to their existing/potential small business clients.
The webinar will also include how to deal with the small business “owner” and better address their “personal” financial needs. Additionally, the webinar concepts will be illustrated through “real-life” case scenarios.
Who Should Attend
CPAs that are sole practitioners, partners, department managers or staff accountants.
- Tools to more effectively work with their "small business" clients
- Legal issues
- Obtaining credit from bank and non-bank sources
- Risk factors to consider
- How to effectively "target" market to the client
- How to deal with the small business "owner"
- Better address "personal" financial needs
- Identify how to increase the effectiveness of working with the "small business" client
- Recognize current trends in small business
- Describe small business legal issues, credit, risk factors, and marketing
- Recognize the "personal" financial needs of the small business owner
- Identify small business case studies
NASBA Field of Study
Business Management & Organization (2 hours)