Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Highlights for Passthrough Entities (Completed)
Date: Monday, August 26, 2019
Instructor: Greg White
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Related for OTRPs
Answer Client Questions; Get Ahead on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Effects
Put on your seatbelt and hold on. Congress passed most significant tax act in 31 years. Join experienced instructor Greg White for a high-speed overview in this one-hour CPE webinar that will focus on the qualified business income deduction (QBID) and how that works for specific partnership, S corp, and LLC clients.
Prepared and presented by tax expert and tax educator, Greg White, this course will give you the overview you need on these vital topics to help you prepare for the 2018 tax year the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on your passthrough entity clients.
Who Should Attend
EAs, tax professionals, and CPAs in industry and public accounting who need a thorough understanding of how the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will affect 2018 returns and planning.
- Mechanics of the new qualified business income deduction (QBID)
- Which income qualifies for the 20% deduction?
- When do wage and property limits apply to the QBID?
- When can attorneys and CPA's qualify for the deduction?
- Practical strategies to assist your clients in qualifying for the QBID
- How does the QBID apply to real estate?
- Should your clients switch from S corporations to C corporations?
- Impact of the accumulated earnings tax and personal holding company tax
- Identify how to advise clients on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Tax Act
- Recognize and apply the new effective tax rates and 20% deduction for K-1 income
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of federal income taxation concepts.