Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: State Tax Update (Completed)
Date: Friday, October 25, 2019
Instructor: Timothy Noonan
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
Federal tax reform spurred huge changes in how business and individuals are taxed at the federal level. But often overlooked are how these changes flow down to the states, many of whom base their computation of state taxable income on federal rules. Timothy Noonan, Esq., a highly regarded New York tax practitioner, will address how all of the fallout affects multistate businesses and taxpayers. This two-hour CPE webinar will help you understand the Key SALT provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and identify areas where the TCJA impacts state and local tax regimes.
Who Should Attend
All CPAs, enrolled agents, tax return preparers, tax attorneys, and other practitioners who prepare New York returns and/or are responsible for preparing multistate returns for clients or advise on cross-border tax issues or disputes will benefit from this insightful webinar.
- Federal Tax Changes with State Tax Consequences
- Federal Tax Conformity Rules
- State Responses to TCJA
- Special SALT Deduction Workarounds and Update on New State Laws
- New York State's reaction to the new tax act
- Identify the Key SALT provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Recognize areas where the TCJA impacts state and local tax regimes
- Understand the related issues in New York
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of state taxation concepts.