Tax Planning Strategies for Passive Activities (Full-Day Webinar) (Completed)
Date: Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Instructor: Greg White
||7:00am Pacific Time
8:00am Mountain Time
9:00am Central Time
10:00am Eastern Time
||8 hours for CPAs
8 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
8 hours Federal Tax Law for CTEC
Join expert Greg White, CPA, as he takes you through the latest techniques for minimizing the impact of the passive activity rules. We’ll cover what it takes to be a “real estate professional” and whether your clients should make the election to “aggregate” rental properties. We’ll also cover “grouping strategies”; including when to group, and when not to group! Additionally, we’ll different methods of satisfying the “material participation” rules, and what recent case law tells us about the how these rules work.
Partial credit will not be awarded for attendees that are not present for the entirety of the webinar.
This course is excluded from the following subscription programs:
Value Pass, Self-Study Package, Webinar Package, Self-Study & Webinar Package, and Firm Package.
- Techniques for minimizing the impact of the passive activity rules
- What it takes to be a "real estate professional"
- Should Your Clients make the election to "aggregate" rental properties?
- "Grouping strategies": When or when not to group
- Different methods of satisfying the "material participation" rules
- What recent case law tells us about the how these rules work
- Recognize when clients qualify as real estate professionals
- Recognize the property circumstances to aggregate rental properties
- Identify the proper method to notify the IRS that your client is grouping activities
- Identify the seven methods of "materially participation"
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (8 hours)