The California tax system is dictated by a complex set of rules. As a tax professional, you must know the ins and outs of the federal and state tax law to deliver swift and accurate services. If your business or clients are based in California, the Guidebook to California Taxes can help to ensure accuracy in your tax filing and reporting. This handy tax guide provides a complete overview of new legislative, regulatory and judicial developments, as well as additional topics to help you stay informed and sound while working with your business or clients.
What Is Covered in the Guidebook to California Taxes (2021)?
This time-saving tax guide acts as a quick reference for the taxes levied by the state of California, including personal income, corporate income, sales and use, and property taxes. Readers will receive the most up-to-date information on:
- Court decisions
- Office of Tax Appeals decisions
What’s New in the 2021 Edition?
Wolters Kluwer’s Tax Law Editors formatted this guide in a way that makes it is easy to locate information quickly and efficiently. Summaries of this new information provide readers with an awareness of the changes and the impact that they will have or already had on taxpayers. These new highlights include:
- A summary of Principle Items of 2020 legislation
- A tax calendar
- Part I – Tax Rate Schedules and Tables
- Part II – Personal Income Tax
- Part III – Taxes on Corporate Income
- Part IV – Sales and Use Taxes
- Part V – Death Taxes
- Part VI – Property Taxes
- Part VII – Miscellaneous Taxes
- Part VIII – Directory/Resources
- Part IX – Doing Business in California
- Part X – Unclaimed Property
Reap the Rewards
Over the years, Wolters Kluwer has become a name that tax professionals have come to rely on. Although tax rules and regulations are ever-evolving, our dependability has remained constant through it all. After reading the Guidebook to California Taxes, tax professionals can accomplish the following:
- Develop an up-to-date, comprehensive picture of the impact and pattern of all taxes levied by the state of California and the general property taxes levied by local government units
- Gain familiarity with California personal and corporate income taxes
- Learn to quickly recall relevant California tax laws and their provisions, discriminate between federal and state tax provisions, and understand the significance of these state and federal differences
To ensure that you prepare your California clients’ taxes completely and accurately, order the Guidebook to California Taxes today - available in both an eBook and softcover format. To learn more or view our full collection of research and learning resources, including webinars and self-study courses, visit our online store or contact us.