Recent Tax Developments (April 2021)
Author: Annette Nellen
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
These monthly update courses provide an opportunity to stay on top of developments that directly and indirectly affect your clients and practice. The focus is on key guidance from legislation, tax agencies and the courts that represent new interpretations, as well as guidance on new laws.
Join tax expert, Annette Nellen, as she emphasizes the updates most relevant to individuals and small businesses. This course will cover federal developments and issues, as well as key state and multistate changes likely to have a broad impact. We encourage you to register each month to stay on top of the constant change in tax guidance, build a strong foundation for tax planning, and identify possible practice development areas.
Publication Date: April 2021
Practitioners at all levels looking for a way to efficiently stay on top of key federal and state developments of most relevance to individuals and small businesses.
- Broad Relevance
- COVID‐19 Tax Updates
- Health Items (non‐COVID)
- Property Transactions
- Practice and Procedure
- Looking Forward
- Identify key developments from legislatures, tax agencies and the courts
- Describe some law areas that were recently the subject of a ruling or law change
- Recognize law changes that may affect your clients and your practice
- Recognize which Section of the ARPA includes restrictions/requirements for states with respect to COVID relief funds
- Identify the due date for 1st quarter estimated tax payment for 2021
- Identify the FBAR due date for 2021
- Describe the SALT cap for single filers that would be modified under the SALT Fairness for Working Families Act
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of tax preparation.