Recent Tax Developments (August 2021)
Author: Annette Nellen
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
These monthly update courses provide an opportunity to stay on top of developments that directly and indirectly affect your clients and practice. The focus is on key guidance from legislation, tax agencies and the courts that represent new interpretations, as well as guidance on new laws.
Join tax expert, Annette Nellen, as she emphasizes the updates most relevant to individuals and small businesses. This course will cover federal developments and issues, as well as key state and multistate changes likely to have a broad impact. We encourage you to register each month to stay on top of the constant change in tax guidance, build a strong foundation for tax planning, and identify possible practice development areas.
Publication Date: August 2021
Practitioners at all levels looking for a way to efficiently stay on top of key federal and state developments of most relevance to individuals and small businesses.
- Broad Relevance
- COVID‐19 Tax Updates
- Health (non‐COVID)
- Property Transactions
- Practice and Procedure
- Identify key developments from legislatures, tax agencies and the courts
- Recognize some law areas that were recently the subject of a ruling or law change
- Identify law changes that may affect your clients and your practice
- Recognize which state provided tax relief for storm victims beginning on June 25, 2021
- Identify the approximate amount of PPP loans the SBA handled by the end of June 2021
- Identify the first-year depreciation limits for passenger autos placed in service during calendar year 2021, for which no §168(k) bonus depreciation deduction applies
- Recognize which organization provided a fiscal year 2021 statutory review of restrictions on directly contacting represented taxpayers in August 2021
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of tax preparation.