Tax Legislation Update: Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (ADP) (Currently Unavailable)
Author: Mark Luscombe
||1 hour for CPAs
1 hour Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
1 hour Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
Get the Latest Updates on Congressional Tax Legislation
With the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 now signed into law by President Trump, your clients have questions. Join Wolters Kluwer Principal Analyst Mark Luscombe, J.D., CPA, for this one-hour overview CPE webinar discussing the legislation passed by Congress on Dec. 21 that your clients will be asking about as you file 2017 returns.
This course is excluded from the following subscription programs:
Value Pass, Self-Study Package, Webinar Package, Self-Study & Webinar Package, and Firm Package.
Publication Date: January 2018
All CPAs, EAs, tax preparers and others who work with clients on tax issues.
- H.R. 1 -- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Individual Tax Impact of the Bill
- Answers to client questions
- Looking ahead to 2018
- Develop a basic understanding of individual and business tax changes under House legislation
- Explain critical difference between House and Senate bills
- Identify the new individual tax rates for those single and joint filers
- Recognize which tax areas generally remained the same under the new tax regulations
- Differentiate business provision changes enacted through the new tax regulations
- Identify the new capital gains tax for joint filers
- Recognize which tax breaks or credits were eliminated with respect to the new tax regulations
- Identify the new corporate tax rate after 2017
- Identify the new repatriation tax on accumulated foreign earnings that are in the form of cash or cash equivalents
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (1 hour)
Basic understanding of federal income taxation concepts.