Tax Updates for Individuals
Author: Barbara Weltman
||1 hour for CPAs
1 hour Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
1 hour Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
The pandemic has triggered many changes in tax rules and tax professionals need to take action to optimize the tax picture for individual clients. The SECURE Act, the CARES Act, and other legislation have affected your clients and there are many questions that still need to be sorted out for future planning purposes.
This one-hour CPE session presented by experienced practitioner and instructor Barbara Weltman, J.D. will provide and update on critical year-end tax steps for your individual clients.
Publication Date: January 2021
All CPAs, EAs, and other tax professionals who advise individual clients on federal tax issues.
- What's new for 2020 returns
- Special actions in light of COVID-19
- Tax rules that could change for 2021 and beyond
- Last-minute tax actions
- Identify how to explain latest developments in federal taxation for individuals
- Recognize and apply recent developments to year-end tax planning
- Identify who is eligible for special actions in light of COVID-19
- Describe the SECURE Act and how it applies to your clients
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (1 hour)
Basic understanding of federal income taxation concepts for individual taxpayers.