2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Impact on Financial and Estate Planning (Completed)
Date: Monday, October 21, 2019
Instructor: Steven G. Siegel
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
2 hours Income Tax Planning for CFP
The 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has doubled the exclusions for gift, estate and generation-skipping transfers and preserved date of death values for income tax basis – in a law that will sunset in eight years. Are you aware of the changes and the planning opportunities?
Join Steve Siegel, J.D., LL.M., for this two-hour CPE webinar that will present an overview of the new law and suggestions about how to advise clients now of the changes that may affect them, their families and their businesses. Issues involving gifting, portability, dynastic estate planning, Roth IRA conversions, persons living in high income and property tax states, states which still have death taxes and more will be the focus of our discussion.
Who Should Attend
All CPAs, EAs, and financial advisors who work with clients on estate and financial planning issues.
- 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act provisions for financial and estate planning
- Gift tax planning and impact
- Estate planning and impact
- Describe the provisions of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that affect estate planning
- Recognize how to advice clients on steps to take in 2018 to take advantage of opportunities the law presents
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of federal estate taxation topics.