Accounting Standards for CPAs: Spring Update (Completed)
Date: Thursday, April 22, 2021
Instructor: Pat Patterson
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
Review new Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Pronouncements up to the date of the course. This presentation will inform participants of the latest issues from the FASB and the Private Companies Council (PCC). Selected accounting standards updated in the previous year with impact in the current year will be highlighted. The FASB and PCC agendas and projects are discussed for their expected applications. The impact of the Corona Virus Pandemic will be discussed including the delay of effective dates resulting from COVID-19.
Who Should Attend
Professionals in public practice, business, government, education, and others who deal with nonpublic entities and wish to stay current on professional accounting standards.
- New releases, ASUs, and others, from the FASB
- Update on selected ASUs from the FASB
- Update on selected COVID‐19 issues
- The future of FASB and the FAF
- New FASB actions and/or other pronouncements
- Recognize new releases from FASB and PCC
- Identify the updates of the new Accounting Standards Codifications issued as updates
- Identify COVID-19 issues
- Describe various ASUs and how they apply
- Describe impairment testing
NASBA Field of Study
Accounting (2 hours)
Basic knowledge of accounting.