C Corp. vs. Passthrough: Choice of Entity Turned On Its Ear or Not? (Completed)
Date: Monday, May 20, 2019
Instructor: Bradley Burnett
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Law for CTEC
What Does Tax Reform Really Mean for Entity Choice? Is C-Corp the Best Choice Now?
The new legislation (TCJA) seems to turn the choice of business entity analysis on its ear. Or does it? And, if it does, which ear? Is racing out to become a C Corp all it’s cracked up to be? This session cracks the egg, makes it understandable and instructs how to plan for best results. Experienced practitioner and instructor Bradley Burnett, JD, LL.M., will walk you through TCJA and the various elements of choosing the right entity for a business. In this two-hour CPE webinar, you'll learn how to confidently explain the options to your clients while making sure that the best possible tax results are achieve.
Who Should Attend
Any person who desires to understand the new playing field for passthrough entities and C Corps after recent tax legislation, how to save money in taxes and optimally structure small business entities.
- Consequences of new Corp rate cuts — Are C Corps still like lobster traps?
- New rule cuts a break on switching S to C
- But, what about switching from C to S?
- How passthroughs still shine quite a bit, particularly if you qualify for the §199A deduction
- Choices, choices
- Outlier strategy if you don't buy green bananas anymore
- Winners, losers and the newly perplexed (how to help them all)
- Recognize how to explore and remove the mystery from the pros and cons of various entity choices under TCJA
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)