Emerging Technology for Your Organization (Completed)
Date: Monday, June 12, 2023
Instructor: Cory Campbell
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
Emerging technology (e.g. blockchain, robotics process automation, machine learning, edge computing etc.) provide great promise for organizations to add value to the firm. While we tend to think of these types of emerging technologies independently, we are quickly approaching a convergence of technologies insofar that organizations can reap benefits from the interdependencies of emerging technology. Despite the potential of emergent technologies, having the organizational capacity to assimilate new technologies into the operation poses steep obstacles which must be overcome. Emerging technologies pose new opportunities as well as new threats that the accounting profession must embrace.
Who Should Attend
Professionals in public practice, business, government, and education who wish to be knowledgeable about how to develop skillsets required to stay relevant amidst changes in technology.
- To what extent are emerging technologies use now? In the future?
- How can various emergent technologies work in concert to add value?
- New risks and challenges that emergent technologies poses for the accounting profession
- Identify various types of emerging technology and understand the associate value proposition
- Recognize how/when/why emerging technologies may either be independent or interdependent
- Identify key skills that are required to thrive in wake of emerging technologies
NASBA Field of Study
Information Technology (2 hours)
Basic understanding of accounting and audit standards.