Hot Tax Topics at Year End for 2023
Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Instructor: Annette Nellen
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
Of the many federal and state tax developments of 2022, what are the hot ones that might require changes in planning and compliance, lingering issues into 2023, new practice protocols, changes to help new types of clients, and to address new legislative and major judicial and regulatory developments of 2022.
Who Should Attend
Practitioners at all levels who are looking for a way to efficiently stay on top of key federal and state developments of most relevance to individuals and small businesses.
- Status of key legislative proposals of the 117th Congress
- The fate of expiring provisions
- New for 2023 regarding taxation of digital assets
- Dealing with growing complexity of passthrough entity compliance and planning
- Lingering COVID-19 tax legislative items
- State tax outlook
- Identify key issues that affect tax practice for year end and beyond
- Recognize how to survive and thrive in light of hot tax topics and tax trends
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of tax preparation.