Monthly Tax Update (June) (Completed)
Date: Wednesday, June 28, 2023
Instructor: Annette Nellen
|9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
|2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
These monthly update webinars provide an opportunity to stay on top of developments that directly and indirectly affect your clients and practice. The focus is on key guidance from legislation, tax agencies and the courts that represent new interpretations, as well as guidance on new laws.
Join tax expert, Annette Nellen, as she emphasizes the updates most relevant to individuals and small businesses. This course will cover federal developments and issues, as well as key state and multistate changes likely to have a broad impact. We encourage you to register each month to stay on top of the constant change in tax guidance, build a strong foundation for tax planning, and identify possible practice development areas.
Who Should Attend
Practitioners at all levels looking for a way to efficiently stay on top of key federal and state developments of most relevance to individuals and small businesses.
- Change to the review process for tax regulations
- Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2023 (debt ceiling legislation)
- House Ways and Means American Families and Jobs Act proposals
- Select provisions from SECURE Act 2.0
- Updates on income, hobby expenses, reasonable comp, and more
- Review of placed in service rules as relevant for winding down of bonus depreciation
- Energy credit updates including new regs
- Practice and procedure updates
- Select multistate developments
- Select tax legislative proposals in the 118th Congress
- And more
- Identify key developments from legislatures, tax agencies and the courts
- Recognize law changes that may affect your clients and your practice
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of tax preparation.