Monthly Tax Update (July) (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, July 25, 2023
Instructor: Annette Nellen
|9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
|2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
These monthly update webinars provide an opportunity to stay on top of developments that directly and indirectly affect your clients and practice. The focus is on key guidance from legislation, tax agencies and the courts that represent new interpretations, as well as guidance on new laws.
Join tax expert, Annette Nellen, as she emphasizes the updates most relevant to individuals and small businesses. This course will cover federal developments and issues, as well as key state and multistate changes likely to have a broad impact. We encourage you to register each month to stay on top of the constant change in tax guidance, build a strong foundation for tax planning, and identify possible practice development areas.
Who Should Attend
Practitioners at all levels looking for a way to efficiently stay on top of key federal and state developments of most relevance to individuals and small businesses.
- The National Taxpayer Advocate's Midyear Report to Congress
- Possible tax legislation by September 30, expired and expiring provisions, possible bipartisan legislation
- Recent rulings on income and disability payments, charitable donations, excess contributions, Â§911 requirements, and more
- Virtual currency updates including state activities
- Practice and procedure updates
- Proposed regs on estate deductions
- And more
- And more
- Identify key developments from legislatures, tax agencies and the courts
- Recognize law changes that may affect your clients and your practice
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of tax preparation.