Small Business Taxes Made Easy: Selecting Your Business Structure (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Instructor: Eva Rosenberg
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Law for CTEC
Join the class to learn how to set up or improve your business during this COVID19 time in the world.This course is based on the tips and tools discussed in TaxMama’s latest book, Small Business Taxes Made Easy. One of the most frequent questions that come to TaxMama® is “Should I incorporate?” There is no quickie answer. Too often businesses make the wrong decision for their business, their industry, or the tax breaks they hope to gain. This course will help you and your clients make the correct decision – or fix the wrong one.
While not required, having a copy of the textbook Small Business Taxes Made Easy, 4th Edition is beneficial.
Who Should Attend
Tax practitioners at all levels regardless of tax practice and Business Owners.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Your long-term needs for your business
- Major issues related to the various entities
- Which entities pay tax — and which don't
- Things that all entities have in common
- Things that are unique to each entity
- Taking into account the tax benefits you want from your entity
- Why you may not want to incorporate in Las Vegas, Delaware, Wyoming, etc.
- Considerations if you're planning to move in the future and taking your business with you
- How Sec 199A Qualified Business Income Deduction affects your decision
- Entity resources
- Recognize the pros and cons of the most common business entities to determine which one is right for your client's business — or your business
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)