Small Business Taxes Made Easy: Special Considerations for Online Businesses (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2020
Instructor: Eva Rosenberg
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Law for CTEC
Join the class to learn how to set up or improve your business during this COVID19 time in the world.This course is based on the tips and tools discussed in TaxMama’s latest book, Small Business Taxes Made Easy. Nexus. Yes, that’s the crux of this course. I’ve been alerting business people and Internet businesses about this problem for over 2 decades. With Wayfair, most states want their cut of Internet-based sales taxes generated by sellers in other states. And do your clients really want to set their corporation or LLC in Nevada? How does this all affect your clients, in this century?
While not required, having a copy of the textbook Small Business Taxes Made Easy, 4th Edition is beneficial.
Who Should Attend
Tax practitioners at all levels regardless of tax practice and Business Owners.
- WWW — Who, What, Where?
- You thought there was no Internet tax
- Understanding nexus
- Internet sales tax issues
- Rents and services, domestic and abroad
- Unique legal issues faced by Internet businesses
- Review of why the business may not benefit from incorporating in Nevada, Wyoming, Delaware, or other tax-free state
- Online business resources
- Identify the issues involved with the concept of "nexus" and if it's time to start setting up procedures to collect sales taxes for other states
- Recognize where the business should set up its base — in the home state, Nevada, or elsewhere
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)