Tax Changes and the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2020 (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, February 11, 2020
Instructor: Annette Nellen
||11:00am Pacific Time
12:00pm Mountain Time
1:00pm Central Time
2:00pm Eastern Time
||1 hour for CPAs
1 hour Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
1 hour Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
Year-end budget legislation contains numerous tax changes including extenders, the SECURE Act, and a few changes to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and the Affordable Care Act. These changes affect 2018 returns and beyond. This webinar covers the tax changes included in this legislation.
Who Should Attend
Practitioners getting ready for the upcoming filing season and who advise individual, business, and tax-exempt clients.
- The 20+ extender provisions included in the new law
- New retirement plan provisions (part of the SECURE Act)
- Changes to the Affordable Care Act
- Changes to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Other provisions as well as what was omitted that might be addressed in 2020
- Identify year-end tax law changes that affect 2018 tax returns and beyond including for the upcoming filing season
- Recognize the changes made to retirement plan rules and who is affected
- Identify the new tax law changes and understand the relevance to compliance and planning
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (1 hour)
Basic understanding of tax preparation.