International Considerations for Not-for-Profit Organizations
Author: Clark Nuber, Jennifer Becker Harris, Frances Olson
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Law for CTEC
Many of the US international tax provisions do not contemplate exempt organizations and thus, applying the foreign filing instructions can be challenging. This course helps organizations and practitioners understand when US filings are required and common compliance disclosures. This course will focus on foreign operations and grantmaking, and discuss at a high-level other international issues organizations commonly face.
Publication Date: March 2022
CPAs, CFOs, auditors, bookkeepers, staff accountants, board members, program officers, and others working with foreign organizations.
- Key Considerations for International Activities
- US Disclosures for Foreign Activities & Investments
- Foreign Corporation
- Other Common Foreign Filings
- OFAC, Prevention of Terrorism and Sanctions
- Putting it All Together
- Identify considerations for not-for-profits contemplating international expansion
- Recognize US tax compliance requirements associated with foreign activities or investments
- Identify the reporting threshold in Part I related to aggregate expenses or revenues with respect to Schedule F of Form 990
- Identify the form that relates to U.S. Transferor of Property to a Foreign Corporation
- Identify the taxpayer/entity that would be excluded from the definition of a U.S. person
- Identify the common tax withholding rate of gross amount
- Identify the country that is not subject to targeted sanctions
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of Not-for-Profit Organizations.