2021 Accounting & Auditing End of the Year Tune-Up (Completed)
Date: Friday, December 10, 2021
Instructor: Pat Patterson
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
Review new FASB Pronouncements, Accounting Standards Updates, to the date of the course. This presentation will inform participants of the latest issues from the FASB and the Private Companies Council. Revised new effective dates are discussed.
New and revised SASs from the AICPA and pronouncements will be discussed. These include SASs 134 through SAS 143 and any new SASs issued up to the date of the session. Any newly released auditing standards will also be dealt with.
Who Should Attend
Professionals in public practice, business, government, and education who deal with nonpublic entities and wish to stay current on professional standards.
- New releases from the FASB
- New releases from the Private Companies Council (PCC)
- New releases from the Auditing Standards Board (ARB)
- New standards from the ASB of the AICPA including SASs 134-143
- An advanced look at documentation standards will be reviewed for changes required by new FASB and PCC standards
- Further updates that impact on the accounting and auditing professional standards including new Quality Control Standards and their requirements
- Ethics Section 1.295 will be explored for revisions and updates in attest/nonattest applications as released or considered by the Professional Ethics Executive Committee
- Any other matters deemed appropriate and timely
- Recognize the FASB pronouncements that may impact private companies that come from the FASB and the Private Companies Council
- Describe other new GAAP releases that may affect the non-issuing entities
- Identify the new Accounting Standards Codifications issued as updates for 2020/2021
- Recognize auditing standards issued and to review some of the Clarified Auditing Standards that are substantive for 2021
- Identify the impact of SASs 134-143
NASBA Field of Study
Accounting (1 hour), Auditing (1 hour)
Basic understanding of accounting and auditing standards.