2021 Fraud Update (Full Day Webinar) (Completed)
Date: Thursday, October 14, 2021
Instructor: Robert K Minniti
||7:00am Pacific Time
8:00am Mountain Time
9:00am Central Time
10:00am Eastern Time
||8 hours for CPAs
One of the main reasons CPAs and other accountants often fail to detect fraud is that they are too honest. They find it difficult to think like a criminal. This course is designed for individuals who would like refresh their understanding of fraud schemes and to learn how to recognize the red flags for detecting fraud. Understanding how criminals commit fraud is the first step in preventing fraud. We will also review recent frauds, cyber frauds and frauds linked to the COVID-19 pandemic. Participants will review government frauds, business frauds, and not-for-profit frauds.
Partial credit will not be awarded for attendees that are not present for the entirety of the webinar.
This course is excluded from the following subscription programs:
Value Pass, Self-Study Package, Webinar Package, Self-Study & Webinar Package, and Firm Package.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, CFEs, CIAs, CMAs, MAFFs, CFFs, and others in the accounting and auditing field and is appropriate to fulfill the 4 hour fraud requirement for California CPAs.
- Refresh your understanding of fraud schemes
- Learn how to recognize the red flags for detecting fraud
- How criminals commit fraud
- Review recent frauds, cyber frauds and frauds linked to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Review government frauds, business frauds, and not-for-profit frauds
- Identify red flags for fraud
- Identify fraud schemes that affect businesses
NASBA Field of Study
Accounting (8 hours)
Basic understanding of accounting.