Advanced Excel Pivot Table Techniques
Date: Thursday, May 2, 2019
Instructor: David H. Ringstrom
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
Learn from Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, how to push the boundaries of pivot tables and add even more interactivity to your pivot tables by grouping data in various ways. In this comprehensive webcast, David explains how to easily extract data from other sources, create simple macros that can resolve the most frustrating aspects of pivot tables, determine the number of duplicates in a list, and much more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2019. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Who Should Attend
Practitioners who would like to expand their knowledge of manipulating and grouping pivot table data.
- Altering the default sort order within pivot tables to a hierarchy of your choice with Custom Lists
- Resolving situations where data appears more than once within a pivot table
- Summarizing data from Access databases with pivot tables, even if you don't have Microsoft Access installed
- Determining which refresh commands in Excel update a single pivot table versus all pivot tables in a workbook
- Filtering two or more pivot tables simultaneously by way of the Slicer feature in Excel 2010 and later
- Understanding the conflicts that can arise when you position two or more pivot tables too close in proximity to each other
- Discovering the Custom Lists feature in Excel, which enables you to embed frequently used lists into Excel's Options dialog box for use with any spreadsheet
- Displaying two or more pivot tables on a single worksheet close together without triggering a conflict
- Apply the Custom Lists feature to override the default sort order within pivot tables
- Describe how to create pivot tables from information you extract from databases
- Identify pivot table data in new ways by grouping based on dates or custom arrangements that you define
NASBA Field of Study
Computer Software & Applications (2 hours)
Intermediate-Level Experience with Excel Pivot Tables.