Best Practices for Getting Paid Faster (Completed)
Date: Monday, October 5, 2020
Instructor: Mary Schaeffer
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
Older receivables are harder to collect and more likely to become uncollectible. And that was before the problems created by the COVID crisis. That’s just one of the many reasons why it is imperative for every organization to collect its receivables as quickly as possible. In this session, we’ll take a look at steps every company can take to ensure its receivables are collected as quickly as feasibly possible. Your actions often have a direct impact on how quickly you get paid. So, don’t shoot yourself in the foot by doing things that will delay your payments.
We’ll also take a look at some of the things that happened during COVID that impacted payments. The session will offer some tips on addressing those special problems.
Then we’ll turn our attention to mistakes made by companies that result in slower payments. This happens far more frequently than most professionals appreciate. We’re talking about simple errors commonly made by companies who don’t even realize they are slowing their own payments. The 25 recommendations in this part of the talk are based on information provided by accounts payable professionals. They share widespread blunders made every day by many of their suppliers. Many professionals think, “oh, we would never do anything that stupid,” but the evidence shows otherwise. The steps needed to correct these errors are pretty simple. But first you have to realize you are making them.
Who Should Attend
Accounts receivable managers, directors, supervisors and professionals; Billing managers, directors, supervisors and professionals; Credit managers, directors, supervisors and professionals; Collection managers, directors, supervisors and professionals; Accountants, controllers, assistant controllers, accountants, accounting managers.
- Best practices to ensure faster payments
- How to take action to address the COVID-related payment issues
- Mistakes your team may be making that slow payments to you
- Improve your billing practices to speed payments
- Eliminate practices that slow payments
- Improve your company's cash flow
- Ensure your invoices contain all required information
- Pinpoint bottlenecks that prevent invoices being delivered in a timely manner
- Recognize and apply best practices to ensure faster payments
- Describe how to address the COVID-related payment issues
- Identify mistakes your team may be making that slow payments to you
- Recognize how to improve your billing practices to speed payments
- Identify how to eliminate practices that slow payments
- Recognize how to improve your company's cash flow
- Describe how to ensure your invoices contain all required information
- Recognize how to pinpoint bottlenecks that prevent invoices being delivered in a timely manner
NASBA Field of Study
Accounting (2 hours)