Credit Analysis Basics: The ABCs of Underwriting (Completed)
Date: Thursday, August 6, 2020
Instructor: David Osburn
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
Join David Osburn for a proactive training session and learn how banks make lending decisions based on the five (5) C’s of credit- capacity, capital, collateral, conditions, and character! The session will cover the basics of the three main areas of lending- consumer, mortgage, and commercial lending. Each of the three areas will be illustrated with real life case studies.
The attendee will also be exposed to loan structure, loan support, and documentation issues and how they are an intricate part of the lending process. Additionally, the basics of loan compliance will be provided including Reg B, Reg Z, TRID, BSA, and Fair Credit Reporting.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, CFO/controllers, financial managers, auditors, financial analysts and practitioners who provide accounting, tax or consulting services to businesses.
- Basics of the five C's of credit
- Three main areas of lending and real life case studies
- Loan structure, loan support, and documentation issues
- Basics of loan compliance will be provided including Reg B, Reg Z, TRID, BSA, and Fair Credit Reporting
- Recognize the five "Cs" of credit (capacity, capital, collateral, conditions, and character)
- Identify the three main areas of lending
- Recognize and apply the three areas of lending
- Recognize and apply the three areas to individual case studies
- Recognize and review the basics of loan structure, loan support, documentation, and loan compliance
NASBA Field of Study
Accounting (2 hours)