Filing for Benefits: The How and Best Ideas (Completed)
Date: Thursday, May 23, 2019
Instructor: Theodore Sarenski
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||1 hour for CPAs
Most clients qualify for Social Security benefits. Join expert, Theodore Sarenski, CPA/PFS, CFP, AEP, as he goes through how your clients apply for these benefits and what the optimum time to begin the benefits are.
Who Should Attend
Any professional who is advising individual clients should attend this session as well as all of the series of the Social Security sessions to properly advise your clients on Social Security, the backbone of each person’s retirement.
- How to apply for Social Security benefits online or in person
- Does one begin benefits at age 62, Full Retirement Age (FRA) or age 70?
- How do Social Security benefits fit in with other assets your client may have or not have
- Recognize how to assist your clients in applying for Social Security benefits
- Identify how to advise your clients on the best option to begin benefits for their personal and unique situation
- Recognize and apply the complexities of couple planning for Social Security Benefits
NASBA Field of Study
Specialized Knowledge and Applications (1 hour)