Negotiation Skill Building: Ask for the Business & Close the Deal! (Completed)
Date: Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Instructor: David Osburn
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
Today’s competitive environment requires the CPA to be able to negotiate in various, sometimes abstract situations – all at once! Attend this proactive webinar and learn to ask for the business and actually close the deal!
This webinar will emphasize negotiation skill building, effective communications, telephone techniques, and the negotiation process. Additionally, related topics will include management skills and styles, technical skills, and compensation techniques. The session will also cover the importance of the human side of negotiations including empathy, ego, and needs. Throughout the session, negotiation scenarios from the real life of a CPA will be presented in order to reinforce the concepts.
Who Should Attend
Sole practitioners, firm partners, CFOs, controllers, department managers, and staff accountants.
- Negotiations: Defined
- Negotiation Skill Building
- Roadblocks in Negotiations
- Telephone Techniques & Negotiations
- Management Skill Building & Negotiations
- The Human Side of Negotiations
- Negotiation Scenarios from the Real Life of a CPA
- Identify how to become a stronger negotiator including asking for the business and closing the deal
- Describe negotiation skill building, effective communications, telephone techniques, and the negotiation process
- Recognize and explore empathy, ego, and needs as they relate to negotiations
NASBA Field of Study
Personnel/HR (2 hours)