Top Ten Issues in Accounting and Auditing (Completed)
Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2020
Instructor: Pat Patterson
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
This webinar will inform participants of the latest issues from the FASB and the Private Companies Council. New and revised audit standards and pronouncements will be discussed.
The proposals and results of new issues from the Accounting and Review Services Committee are examined SUCH AS: Preparation of Financial Statement, Compilations, and Association with Financial Statements. Some aspects of cloud computing will be highlighted with regards to an accounting practice.
Who Should Attend
Professionals in public practice, industry, government, and education who deal with nonpublic entities.
- New releases from the FASB and the Private Company Council (PCC)
- Revenue Recognition, Leases, Going Concerns, and Developmental Stage Entities pronouncements are highlighted
- New compilation and review standards for 2014 and 2015, including the recently voted on Exposure Draft issues for attest/nonattest issues that relate to Preparation of Financial Statements, Compilations of Financial Statements, and Association with Financial Statements
- New issues about the concept of materiality for compilation and review engagements
- New issues in Compilation and Review engagement letters and review representation letters specified in SSARS 19
- An advanced look at documentation standards will be reviewed for changes required by new compilation and review standards
- Updates on previously issued standards that may still apply and their involvement with SSARS 19
- Further updates that impact on compilation and review engagements that include: new Quality Control Standards (SQCS8) and its requirements
- Ethics Interpretation 101-3 will be explored for revisions and updates in attest/nonattest applications specifically dealing with compilation and review issues
- Any other matters deemed appropriate and timely plus any late breaking accounting news issues
- Recognize the selected FASB pronouncements that might impact private companies that come from the Private Companies Council
- Identify issues of the newly finished Clarity Project of the ASB and discuss some of the recent releases
- Recognize the updates on the new compilation and review standards as recently voted on by the ARSC for 2015 and 2016
- Recognize the limited review of selected revised professional compilation and review standards that still apply from earlier years
- Recognize cloud computing which includes the procedural options, the risks, and the issues
NASBA Field of Study
Accounting (1 hour), Auditing (1 hour)
Basic understanding of professional pronouncements.